The battery holder also needed replacing, so I have added a remote holder to protect from acid leakage.
Next thing to do was start the playfield disassembly. With the playfield already out of the game, I propped it up and started to disassemble the entire top part of the game, plastics, ramps, posts, etc. To help me I used the shop out guide available here.
Then the tougher part - the underside of the playfield. Some parts of this game are completely missing, including the Myst Multiball Magnet coil and motor assembly. This game had obviously been used as a parts game, as lane switches and coils were missing all over. A circuit board, the 24 opto switch assembly was also missing, and I was able to order that from eBay. Mike Roberts of Texas was able to supply the missing magnet assembly as well as some helpful pictures to guide me along. Some more pictures of the restoration are here.
Parts & Prices This is a complete list of parts that were replaced or purchased, along with a complete cost breakdown for the entire restoration
I had Jay Richardson come over and do some troubleshooting for me as I am now close to the end on this game. He spent about 2 hours and we swapped out many dead boards, but finally got power to the game. Final issue seems to be that the motor and magnet are not working properly - this is something fairly well detailed in RGP, so i will search for my answer there.
Update July 2008: I traded this game and others to a fellow collector. The game was not fully working yet, but the other collector also had a non-working Dracula and hoped by putting the 2 together could end up with one decent game.